Frequently Asked Questions


 What are the government office hours?

City Hall maintains regular office hours from 8:00 - 4:30 Monday - Friday.

 What is the recycling pick up schedule?

Johnson County Refuse picks up garbage and recycling on Monday's. Bins are to be on the curb by 7:00 AM. Garbage is collected on most holidays. 

 Do I need a permit for a recreational fire?

No permit is required for fires being used for cooking, heating, and recreation. 

The City will allow open burning during the months of April, May, October, and November - Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. Follow link below to the City Ordinance regarding Solid Wast control and Burning. 

Ordinance No. 2013-312

 Who do I contact to rent a park shelter?

To reserve a shelter at our community park you need to contact City Hall at 319-656-2310.  The shelters are reserved on a first come first serve basis.